By Penelope K. & Silas P
Do your parents want to go somewhere but are having trouble deciding where to go? It’s okay we have some places you can go.
Do your parents want to go somewhere but are having trouble deciding where to go? It’s okay we have some places you can go!
1. Assateague Island. Are you a horse lover? At this place you might even spot a horse! Ocean city is less than 10 miles away from Assateague Island.
2. Have you heard of the Trash Wheels? Well there are three Trash Wheels! Professor Trash Wheel, Captain Trash Wheel and Mr. Trash Wheel.
3. BMA. The Baltimore Museum of Art is a fun experience there you will see paintings and sculptures of many artists.
4. Mt. Vernon. This is a great place to learn and discover new things about George Washington. You can even see George Washington’s bedroom and his study.
Oh, your parents don’t want to go on vacation? That’s fine, we have some fun things to do around the house.
1. Read. Are you bored? Don’t have anything to do? Try reading a book. They’re amazing and interesting and wonderful! One of my favorite books is Percy Jackson, written by Rick Riordan.
2. Roblox. It’s a game for iPads, computers, and the XBox. It has millions of games made by people just like you (but they know how to code).
3. Try watching something. Movies and shows can be amazing… or terrible. My personal favorite is Steven Universe, by Rebecca Sugar.
4. Minecraft is a fun blocky game, people call it bad graphics, but the truth is, Microsoft wants Minecraft to look that way. Whether you want to build creatively, or try to survive the zombies and skeletons, this game is fun either way.
5. Board games are always a fun thing to do with your family. It can help you bond with your loving family. Doesn’t that sound nice?
By Penelope K.
A great way to celebrate Maryland Day on March 25 is to hike one of the many scenic trails in Maryland. One great hiking spot in Maryland is the Billy Goat Trail. This hike is located in Potomac, MD. There are three sections. Section A has near-vertical rock scrambling and ledges for about 2.75 miles long. Section B has some moderate scrambling for approximately 1.4 miles. At last, Section C is roughly 1.6 miles long with a light walk through the woods.
Another great hiking spot is Cascade Falls. You will find this hike in Patapsco Valley State Park, Howard County. This hike is a 2.3 mile walk in the woods to a small waterfall and a swimming hole.
Lastly, another great set of trails in Maryland are the Prettyboy Reservoir trails located in Hampstead, Maryland. On these trails, you can hike, walk, fish and walk your dogs. Go outside and have fun!
By Silas P. & K.B.S.I
(These facts were provided by 35 interesting facts about Maryland)
Since the 25th is Maryland day, we’ve compiled a few facts about Maryland. Enjoy!